Welcome To Web Tech Geek Website!
10 Free Windows App's you should install
on your computer
Tech Support Page.
Web Tech Support Page - WebTechGeek.com.
The Best Information on Windows App's & support.
10 Free Windows App's you should install on your computer: Here's ten free app's that will help you keep your computer running fast and furious. I always install these free Windows app's on my new and old computers. If you haven't tired any of these free app's, then you should. After all these app's are free to install and use. After you install the app's, and If you find you don't like the app's you can uninstall them later. Number 1 on the list is 3 free virus app's. I have given you three choice for a virus app, all three of these free virus app's are excellent programs. I have used all three and like them all, so it's up to you which one you will like the best. You can probable pay for better app's, but I'm talking free right now.
10 Free Windows App's you should install on your computer
By Raymond Garcia
10 Free Windows App's you should install on your computer:
1. Avira AntiVir Personal, Panda, AVG Antivirus: All there of these free antivirus app's work will for me and I'm sure you will love them. I have use and will use all of these at deferent times. Install only one, if you like it keep it. If you don't, try the next one after you uninstalled the first one. You only need one of these free virus app's installed at any one time. Avira AntiVir Personal: free for personal use. Panda Cloud Antivirus: Panda Cloud Antivirus protects you while you browse, play or work. AVG Antivirus: protection for personal computers. Remember to backup all your impotent files.
2. CCleaner: Windows Disk Cleaner tool can only handle so much crap. it need's help. Try using CCleaner, it's free and can do a better job of cleaning off all that Windows crap. Use its CCleaner Registry cleaning tool also. CCleaner also has a fast Windows program uninstaller. CCleaner Get it here.
3. Defraggler: Many defrag programs will only let you defrag entire partitions. The Defraggler tool will lets you analyze your hard drive and then pick individual files and folders to defragment. Good if you want to defrag a little. Get it Here.
4. Firefox: Microsoft's IE6 for Windows is good and getting better. But, if you want a better web browser to surf the Internet install Firefox. Firefox is in my opinion and others the best web browser around at this time. Try it I think you'll like it. Firefox: free web browser has many addition of plugins for Evernote, Zotero, web mastering tool and FireFTP plugins.
5. CDBurnerXP: One of the best free and easy to use CD/DVD burning app's. CDBurnerXP: it burns CDs and DVD's, including Blu-Ray and HD-DVD discs also supports LightScribe. CDBurnerXP is free app number #5. Remember to come back to WebTechGeek for more How to's.
6. OpenOffice.org: an free Open Source office suite offered as an alternative to the Microsoft Office Suite ($400.) OpenOffice.org 3: is the leading open-source office software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases and more. It is available in many languages.
7. VLC Media Player: One of the best and my all time favorite multimedia player. VLC Media Player will play all those odd video formats and audio you can now download off the Internet. VLC Media Player will play DVD's, CD's audio, VCD's, AVI, MPEG-2, MPED-4, DivX, MPEG-1, MP3's and a lot more. It can also be used as a media converter or a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on networks.
8. Skype: a voice-over-Internet system that works well. Voice and video calls to other Skype users are free. Rater then sending text or email messages to your friends and family you can video chat free with Skype. Seeing your friends and family as you video chat is a lot more fun then sending old text messages. Skype to Skype calls are free.
9. Picasa: This is a grate app for organizing and editing your photos. Picasa is free photo editing (graphics editor) software from Google that makes your pictures look great.
Sharing your best photos with friends and family is as easy as pressing a button. Picasa Web Albums service will allow you to easily share your photos.
10. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a surprisingly effective freeware antimalware tool. It's a relatively speedy malware remover, with the quick scan taking about 8 minutes even with other high-resource programs running. It supports multiple drive scanning including networked drives, context menu options including a scan-on-demand for individual files, and the FileAssassin option under the More Tools section for removing locked files.
Installing these 10 free app's will keep your new or old computer running fast and furious. Remember to backup your important files, photos, music, text and emails etc.
TIP! - I RECOMMENDED: To avoid the unnecessary risk of viruses, trojans and spyware damaging your computer. I highly recommend you use a good anti-virus program. The cost for virus programs are low but, the cost for a computer tech person to remove and restore your system is very high. Many of the app's are free or free to try so there's no excuse not to use one weekly.
Related: More How to here. | 5 Must Have Free Windows System Tools - For your Windows XP/Vista Fix-it System Toolkit. | Spring Cleaning for your Computer: How To Clean your Computer, for a Faster Running Computer. | Web Tech Support Pc Help Pages